1. Firstly, microchipping is vital, just in case your fur friend gets a fright and flees from a warty witch or a frenzied Frankenstein. And keep a collar and ID tag on during the nght.
2. Lift any tempting treats out of paw's reach as chocolate and xylitol (a sugar substitute) are poisonous to pets
3. Candles and lit jack-o-lanterns are not always such a good idea when pets are around. See if you can get battery operated substitutes. Also, if your pet is a chewer, keep wires and electrical cords well hidden.
4. Pet costumes are cute and make for wonderful, memorable photos, but always check the fit and that it doesn’t interfere with hearing, breathing, seeing or moving. Get your pet used to the costume and never leave them alone with it.
5. Glowsticks and glow jewellery aren’t generally toxic to pets, but if chewed the liquid tastes bad and makes them act strangely.
6. If your pet is naturally anxious and doesn’t like strangers, keep them in a safe place where they cannot escape, preferably indoors and away from the sounds of ghosts and ghouls as they wander the streets outside.
Now you are ready, go and have fun! We'd also love to see your antics so please feel free to post them on our FACEBOOK page!