If your pet is diagnosed with arthritis, there are plenty of things you can do at home to help them feel more comfortable.
We recommend a multi-pronged attack as this helps to reduce the need for large amounts of medication and will lessen the potential side effects of any one treatment.
Here are 6 tips for an arthritis-friendly home:
- Keep your pet lean to help reduce the load on their joints
- Consider feeding a diet specifically formulated for arthritis (ask us for the best recommendation)
- Continue to exercise your pet in moderation; gentle daily walks for dogs help keep the joints moving and muscles toned
- Provide a warm and comfortable bed with plenty of padding
- Use a portable ramp to help your dog in and out of the car and onto furniture.
- Provide an additional piece of furniture (like an ottoman) so your cat doesn't have to jump so high to reach his favourite spot
A little bit of preperation and consideration for your arthritic pet can make a big difference in making their lives more comfortable.
arthritic pets, arthritic pet, arthritic dog, arthritic cat, joint care, If your pet is diagnosed with arthritis, there are plenty of things you can do at home to help them feel more comfortable.
At Pet Guardians, we sell a range of prescription medications, including meloxicam, metacam and previcox. To purchase prescription medication online, you will need to have a valid script from a registered vet. Contact Pet Guardians today for all your pet needs.