Have you had it with your dog licking her paws non-stop? Are you going crazy watching your cat pull at her toe nails?
If you are uncomfortable with your pet's foot fetish, imagine how your pet feels!
Compulsive licking and chewing of the paws is a common problem for our pets but it shouldn't be considered normal.
THERE CAN BE MANY CAUSES:
1. Allergies: ingestion of a food, contact with grasses or plants and inhalation of pollens are common causes of itchy skin (especially at this time of the year)
2. Parasites: mites can burrow in to the skin and cause irritation and flea bites can cause generalised itching
3. Boredom: just as people with anxiety might bite their nails, our pets can develop a physical response to psychological stress - some pets will develop an obsessive-compulsive disorder
4. Hormonal imbalances: thyroid disease and adrenal disease can lead to superficial skin infections and itchy skin
5. Pain: licking to relieve pain caused by arthritis or the presence of a foreign body such as a grass seed
If your pet has an itch a consultation with your local vet is essential to help improve their comfort levels - they can do many things to help them feel better.
At Pet Guardians, we sell a range of prescription medications, including Apoquel for your pets. As with any prescription medication, you will need to have a valid script from a registered vet to purchase our prescription medication online. Contact Pet Guardians today for all your pet needs.